Monday, January 14, 2019

Cleanup

  I decided today with there being too much snow and wet to go out and about, that I would tackle my craft/ sewing room.  It was a mess in there. I don't know how or why I let things get this way, but it happens.   It is where I store my crafts but also where I keep gifts, Christmas and birthday, so I think it just got away from me.   So today was the day for it.
 My daughter called and with the handy bluetooth and someone to keep me on track I accomplished more than I thought I would.   I cleaned out the things I knew I wasn't going to use and the projects I am no longer interested in starting or finishing.  I have a few of those ufo's. More than I care to admit actually.   I chose which I still wanted to work on and I am purposing to get them done this year. I still have some tweaking to do as I only went through the surface stuff. I will continue to dig deeper to see if I can downsize more and really get this area in shape.  I am an organizer but not so good at de-cluttering so I still plan to go through everything and decide on a specific purpose for it or get rid of it. 
 
I love to make quilts so there are a couple of those on my list to do this year.   I machine stitch my pieces but quilt the whole thing by hand and that takes me a long time.   Not sure how many I will actually get done.  My plan is to put together the pattern with the fabrics I will be using to make them and store it that way. Then I will decide what fabric I will keep in my stash and what I will part with.

The paper crafting is another area I need to work on but I need to have order so one thing at a time. 

I think this is a good plan and a good start to getting these projects done. 

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Until next time!


No comments: