Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Apples and more apples



Went out this morning and stopped by a farm a couple miles from our house to pick up these beautiful Stayman apples.
Using up some others I got from them earlier this month to make applesauce.  Loaded up the crockpot this morning and headed down to the basement to get some jars.  We all love homemade applesauce and I use it in my baked goods to make them nice and moist.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Hi Denise and I am happy that you are blogging again!! How lucky you are to have a close orchard with Staymen apples. They are a favorite of mine and I rarely get to a place where they are available. I bet you house smelled delicious with them cooking too! Lucky you!!

Nancy Jo said...


Hi Denise,
So glad you are going to try your blog again. Now I can keep better track of what you are up to.
Those apples look really nice. I just made an apple crisp this morning.
I have some Tasha books. She was a very interesting person, living like she did. Your flowers look pretty in the watering can.
Nancy Jo