Thought it would be a great idea to get ahead on some baking for the freezer. So, since my granddaughter spent the night we planned to get some cookies made.
We managed to get everything put together. Though we had a measurement issue with the baking soda so we had to save what we could and start over. Just a minor setback but should have given me a clue. We get the batter mixed up, preheated the oven and loaded up the first pan. That batch didn't come out very well. Cookies sort ran into each other. Added a little flour so the second batch was much better. Unfortunately halfway through the baking I heard this loud buzzing sound. Looked over at the stove and saw smoke coming through the top burner. Shut the oven off and opened the door and saw the heating element was on fire. So I grabbed the sheet of cookies out and shut the door. Didn't see anything happening so I opened it back up to find the element had burnt up.
I am grateful it didn't start a fire and hoping once the element is replaced it will be as good as new. I ended up transferring the half done cookies to the little toaster oven to finish. Put the rest of the batter in the fridge till another time.
That was enough excitement for my day.
How was your day?
1 comment:
How was my day?...hahaha! not as exciting as yours! lol!
Post a Comment